Sim SOFT’s 3D Tower Simulator provides realistic training for Tower Air Traffic Controllers in a non-operational environment. The 3D Tower Simulator is a full-scale Air Traffic Control Tower simulator providing an interactive, highly realistic environment for controllers training.
It realistically replicates operations that enable training in an absolutely safe environment. In addition to initial training the 3D Tower Simulator provides for refresher training to heighten awareness of controllers from repeated exposure to seldom seen operations and airport conditions. Before departing on a change of assignment, transferring certified controllers may prepare for and actually train on the operations they will encounter at their new assignment thereby greatly reducing the training time required when they arrive.
The 3D Tower Simulator can be used in non-training applications. It aids in site surveys for proposed new construction on or near the airfield as well as assisting in the planning of new runways or changes in local arrival or departure procedures in an accurate and safe simulated environment.
The simulator will be operated by local facility air traffic personnel since it is designed for minimal support. It is a self-contained simulator that instructor can turn-on, select training scenario, and conduct training.
The simulator is not connected to the operational systems in any way. It is a self-contained simulation system that only needs power outlets from the ATC facility to operate.
- complex and realistic scenarios;
- ATC-friendly data preparation;
- covers all levels and types of training;
- easy to learn and use;
- user-friendly pseudo-pilot interface;
- effortless system expansion;
- integrated with a Radar Simulator;
- replicates any tower environment and will display the out-the-window simulated scenery information in real-time accuracy;
- scenery includes airport layout, weather and seasonal environment changes in a complete diurnal cycle, radar informational data and voice communication systems;
- the visual system will allow the student to detect, recognize and identify aircraft and vehicles at distances sufficient to meet the training requirements;
- provides a visual display with field of view of 30 degrees vertical by 360 degrees horizontal;
- includes a library of civilian and military aircraft (fixed wing, rotary wing) all aircraft 3D models have moving parts like doors, gear, rudder and ailerons;
- the vehicles library contains but is not limited to the following ground vehicles: pick-up truck, follow-me vehicle, airfield fire response vehicles (ambulance, fire truck, pickup), snow plow, sedans, step van, mowers, baggage carts, refueling vehicles, tugs, caterer van, and tow vehicles;
- provides visual representation and programmable levels of weather phenomenon characteristic of each control tower geographical location. Representation of variable ceilings at all altitudes and the capability to display clear, scattered, broken and overcast sky conditions is also included;
- provides programmable levels of visibility ranging from clear to zero. The following and any likely combination of: fog, haze, rain, snow, drizzle, sandstorms etc. are available;
- ATMIS Weather Information and Forecast is a weather display that will show scenario-dependent weather conditions and provides a 30-minute weather update, wind/ altimeter/ visibility in METAR coding;
- real time dynamic simulation allowing: flight path changes, missed approaches, runway changes, 270 degree turns, touch and go, runway exit and line-up changes;
- ground traffic management with dynamic controlled aircraft and vehicles;
- exercise management tools, simulation pause for briefing of trainees, recording and replay of exercise for better visual concepts of trainees including all voice communication and real time action;
- exercise preparation tools provided so that different exercises with different airfield layouts and aerodrome conditions can be loaded.
- range of supported hardware allows system to fit any budget;
- different visual system solutions are available: Large LCD Displays, Large Flat Segmented Screen or Wide Cylindrical Screen;
- different sizes for the panoramic out-of-the-window image, up to 360 degrees, can be provided;